Though her life was short she touched the lives of so many. Her story is one of strength, character, grace, love and compassion. She was born on April 29,2009 but her story begins way before then...

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fathers Day

Well hello, I just wanted to write a little something for Abigail. As you know it was fathers day yesterday my first one being a father. It was one of those days where you feel like you are on cloud 9. I had to work so it kept me kinda busy but it was a Sunday and work was slow. I am not one that pays attention to important dates or holidays if i dont look at the calendar. If it wasn't for my family calling me at o dark thirty on my birthday every year i would forget that too. I think part of it is being in the military and having to work on holidays. So for me to deal with missing my family on those days i treat them just like any other. Fathers day was different this year. When we found out we were having Abigail i thought about being a father and having my own fathers day. I know i did not make it a big deal to my family but inside i was counting down the days till June 22nd. I know i am a father and always be but that did not feel the empty arms i had. I think about Abigail all the time and miss her so much. Some days are better then others and the bad days are getting less and less. Yesterday was just one of those days where i really missed her. I came home after work and opened fathers day gifts thanks mom, dad, sis, and jennifer. After that i wanted to look at some pictures of Abigail we have on the computer. As i looked through the pictures i thought about all the happy times we shared with her. Even though i did not get to hold my baby on fathers day i felt her and she made me smile. I know abigail is with our father in heaven and having a blast. I love you so much baby girl and know you are home.

1 comment: