Though her life was short she touched the lives of so many. Her story is one of strength, character, grace, love and compassion. She was born on April 29,2009 but her story begins way before then...

Saturday, June 27, 2009

JERRY


This is Jerry Abigail's brother and he is like her in so many ways. Brian and I decided that after Abigail left us we need something to fill the empty space that she would have filled. So Brian looked up puppies and decides on a pug since we had, had two pugs before it just seemed right. We drove to the pet store and saw him there all alone in his little cage just giving us the please take me home look, I had to wait 10 minutes to hold he cause some one else was holding another puppy. But when I finally got to hold him I didn't want to let him go, when I went to give him back to the sales lady he wrapped his paws around my hand and I knew I would have him. Yet we still held another puppy just to see if we want that one instead, but his sister cried when we walked away with him, so we put that dog back and told them Jerry was the one for us. We took Jerry to the beach and let him run around he was unsure about it at first but than he loved it, while he was running around we tried to come up with names for him and of course I wanted Elvis and Brian didn't, then my mom said what about Jerry and he looked up at her like yes great name so he was to be Jerry. Like I said a little earlier Jerry is so much like Abigail (in no way am I comparing my daughter to a dog so please do not take it that way) well they both love to snuggle and sleep on Brian, I could not sleep with Abigail on me in the bed but Brian had no problem so that is where she slept most of the time right on Brian's chest, and Jerry does the same thing he loves snuggling right on Brian's pillow with him. Also they pooped and peed when and where they wanted to, we where at the doctors office on base and Abigail was getting her diaper changed when all the sudden she decided to pee on the doctors table, and well lets just say Jerry is in the process of being trained. I think the biggest thing they have in common is water in the Brian, we just took Jerry to his first vet visit last week and the Vet told us that pugs and other little dogs get water in their brains just like Abigail but the only difference is theirs is not harmful. How funny we thought we picked something to fill the space Abigail left and ended up filling it with Jerry that reminded us so much of her.

1 comment:

  1. Jerry is one lucky pug!!! He is very fortunate to have a mommy and daddy like the 2 of you!

    ReplyDelete