Though her life was short she touched the lives of so many. Her story is one of strength, character, grace, love and compassion. She was born on April 29,2009 but her story begins way before then...

Thursday, June 11, 2009

From Auntie Jess

Sometimes I am not ready to do things but this means so much to my sister that after I read her blog I felt it was my turn to share. From the first time my Babbs told me she was pregnant, there was no mistake in her voice she was so excited. That same tone and excitement never wavered. I knew Jen was having a girl, and I knew she was going to be just like her. When Jen told me about the many times that she went into look at Abigail, and she would just not cooperate I laughed because this was it, the baby was not even born and she already had Jen's attitude. Jen wanted something so Abigail did the opposite.

My heart was filled!!! It was her Mini. Jen had wanted so bad to have a mini. For those of you who do not know I look sound and on occasion act like my mom. Admitted she never felt apart of that, so she wanted a mini too. I knew in my heart of heart this was her mini. When Jen saw Abigail for the second time, they had Abigail set up to fly to L.A. I was standing there by Jen's bed waiting with a camera for the doctors to bring Abigail in so I could take pictures of Mommy and her little. I was crying and my Babbs looked up at me and said "Don't be sad she will be okay." I laughed because here is my sister with her baby girl about to be taken away from her and she is comforting me. But I told her that these were not sad tears they were happy tears. I was so excited that my sister finally had her mini.

O my gosh she was PRECIOUS. She had Jen's little bitty ears, and her little bitty nose. IT WAS HER MINI!!!! I spent 3 days in the hospital with Jen and then 2 more in the hospital with Jen and Brian. I knew that whatever came Jen and Brian's way they would be okay. They loved that little girl so much. They not once saw disabilities they saw love. They are the funniest 2 people and did not let any set backs kill their loving fun spirit. Jen had always wanted Abigail to have blue eyes. Brian has blue eyes, my mom, brother, practically everyone in our family besides Jen and I have blue eyes. Jen and I have different shades of green. The day after Abigail went to live upstairs, Jen called me. She was hysterical but the words that I understood so clearly where these "Jess and she looked up at me with her green eyes" I am not sure what she said after that because I could not breathe, Jen's nose, little ears and green eyes. Jen's green eyes it was her mini her little one. I am very aware that it took 2 to make this little one. I spent a lot of time studying Brian's most loving and concerned face, to see how Abigail resembled him. Abigail had Brian's lips with the soft outline and the pointy peek in the middle. And since Brian is stick thin, I am going to credit you for Abigail's rolls on her little chubby arms and legs.

But in my head and in my heart she will always be my Babb's mini. Now when I picture Abigail she is on the 5th Ave stage in a red tutu tap dancing. Jen always wanted her to dance, and I know that tap dancers do not wear tutu's but she is Jen's little so I am sure that she would want to wear the red tutu because it looked prettier and I am sure her mom would have said she should be wearing something else.

2 comments: